The holidays are coming fast. Here are a few tips and tricks to avoid that dreaded holiday weight gain…
- Don’t skip meals - if you have a big calorie meal coming never skip your breakfast to account for the extra calories later on.
- Eat vegetables with every meal - the fiber will help you feel full and avoid overeating desert.
- A glass of water with every alcoholic beverage goes a long way. You’ll cut back on both calories and alcohol intake, plus, you’ll be more aware and make smarter food choices if you’re careful not to drink too much holiday cheer.
- Try to get in a few workouts each week - even if you’re traveling. You don’t have to work out for hours at a time, but do something besides sit around all day!
- Avoid second servings - Just because it’s there doesn’t mean you have to eat it.
- Shift your focus away from food - The holiday season is a time for family, friends and goodwill toward mankind. It’s not about stuffing your face every chance you get.